Many people have taken the introductory training and applied the learning to their current work. This training provides a basic understanding of attachment theory via the Circle of Security (COS) and an introduction to treatment planning and clinical application using the COS. Particular attention will be given to the essential features of both healthy and unhealthy attachment. Participants will learn new ways to understand the central characteristics of secure attachment and its importance across the life span.
For more information about any of these trainings, please check our FAQ section. If you have more specific questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate which training you are interested in receiving information.
Who should attend?
This training is open to anyone, regardless of occupation or educational background; Medical professionals, mental health practitioners, educators, clergy, social workers, lawyers, Guardians-ad-Litem, childcare providers, parents, foster parents, and other child service professionals can benefit from such a view by harnessing the fundamental interpersonal processes that promote emotional well being and mental health from birth through old age.
- Provide a user-friendly overview of attachment theory
- Offer video examples of specific attachment patterns, clarifying the characteristics of secure, insecure, and disorganized attachment
- Integrate attachment theory with current research in brain development and affective neuroscience
- Explore practical applications regarding how an understanding of unregulated affect and the fundamentals of secure attachment can be integrated into basic treatment strategies for individuals and dyads that display struggles in attachment
Checking the status of a training
- The status of each training will change as we have confirmed the minimum numbers. Below you’ll see “waiting for minimum numbers” “confirmed” “sold out, waitlist enabled” and “cancelled”
- Please arrange for all accommodations to attend the training are refundable, until the training is confirmed. If the training does not gain enough interest, it will be cancelled. Circle of Security is not responsible for lost deposits or fees should a training be cancelled.
- We will assess attendance numbers by the early bird registration deadline. If we have not received the minimum number of registrants by that date, we will contact those who have registered that the training is cancelled. It is important if you are wanting to attend a training to register before the early bird registration deadline. We have no way of knowing the interest in a training if you are not registered.
- If a training is cancelled, we will refund any tuition money that has been paid.
- If you have any questions about this, or the status of the training you have registered for, please contact our office.